At the tender age of 16, he could well have handled this news poorly, but Mr. Bieber instead took the high road and responded with maturity and grace. He continued to sit at attention in the front row of the Grammy Awards (no doubt the hot seat of the evening and the last place anyone would want to be seen after being so publicly overlooked for the honors) and applauded his fellow nominees, winners and performers. Justin Bieber has historically taken solace with his fans via interactions on Twitter, and notably, he did not turn to his Twitter account until after the awards ceremony was over. It was a sign of professionalism and respect that he waited until the end of the show to interact with his fans and provide them with his reaction.
And his reaction was gracious and honest: he tweeted:
- "As for the awards...of course I wanted to win. Its been and still is a dream to win a grammy. Was I upset...yes. But I was happy for her also"
- "Someone said to me tonight its not your successes that define u but your failures. I lost..but I don't plan on this being my last chance...."
- "I do this because I love it..and I do it for my family friends and fans who support me. I was grateful for the honor and this..."
- "...Is just the beginning. #NeverSayNever"
- "Now we have so much to celebrate!! Leggo!"
If you liked this post, you can subscribe to this blog by clicking here. You can also stay up-to-the-minute on updates on tween lifestyle by following us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MsTwixt and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MsTwixt