Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Newest Tween Fashion Blogger: Lourdes Leon

Lourdes Leon, who goes by Lola, is the 13 year old daughter of Madonna (no last name needed). She joins reigning tween fashion blogger Tavi in launching a blog all about style. Her first entry was last week, and she writes with a genuine tween voice (that being lots of ALL CAPS, run-on's, and stream-of-consciousness musings - witness the opening line): "Helluuur thurrrr, I’m Lola and this is my first blog entry so it’s kind of like ummmm…. I’m just going to use this blog entry to tell y’all a little bit about myself. I’m 13 and I’ll be 14 in October, so I can’t wait for that because I am FINALLY allowed to dye my hair… THANK YOU MOTHER!"

Be forewarned: this blog IS connected to a commercial enterprise: it is part of the Material Girl brand, a line of tween clothing designed by Madonna and Ms. Leon available at Macy's this fall, but we found it to be mostly a style blog and less advertising for the brand.

Will you allow your tween to read this blog? Ours have and think it is tres cool.

If you liked this post, you can subscribe to this blog by clicking here. Please also follow our updates or Re-Tweet our posts on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MsTwixt and join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MsTwixt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...