- 40 percent of babysitters between the ages of 11 to 13 say they had left children unattended while babysitting, and
- 20 percent say they opened the door to strangers.
- 98 percent knew how to reach the emergency contact
- 92 percent knew the location of the first aid supplies
- 85 percent knew who to contact if a child was poisoned
- 64 percent knew where the fire extinguishers were located
The AAP surveyed 727 tweens, 51 percent who had taken a professional first aid class, 47 percent had taken a CPR class, and 19 percent had Red Cross Babysitting Certification. (Full disclosure: Ms. Twixt's eldest tween babysits and is Red Cross certified.)
Does your tween babysit? Does she have formal training? What's her level of confidence to handle an emergency? What's yours?
If you liked this post, you can subscribe to this blog by clicking here. Please also follow our updates or Re-Tweet our posts on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MsTwixt and join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MsTwixt