Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Book on Positive Body Image For Girls Out Today

I guess today is the day for book announcements!  Katherine Schwarzenegger, daughter of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, has written a book about girls and healthy body image titled, "Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty From Someone Who's Been There and Back."

We love the title and especially appreciate Ms. Schwarzenegger's take on the importance of having close family relationships to help gain perspective when dealing with sensitive body-image matters. About her mom, journalist Maria Shriver, she says, "My mom was always good with me. She always checked in with me. I had the best relationship with my mom. I still do. I talk to her four times a day." Not one to forget her dad, she adds, "I also have an amazing relationship with my dad. ... I talk to him about boys, about going out, about what I'm interested in, about business."

Ms. Schwarzenegger writes about the "friendly competition" she had with a friend to stay below a certain weight level and how she became "self conscious" about her weight in middle school.

The book was released today.

If you liked this post, you can subscribe to this blog by clicking here. Please also follow our updates or Re-Tweet our posts on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MsTwixt and join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MsTwixt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

penis?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...