Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Archiving All Those Art Projects


If your house is anything like mine, there are piles upon piles and bags upon bags full of artwork, school projects and classwork that have been emptied from school cubbies and backpacks and removed from classroom walls that have now taken up residence in the living room. And like unwanted house guests, I don't have a clue what to do with them. Well, at least until now. I just read Risa Green's (she, of the Notes from the Underbelly fame column, "Posterity Needs Its Own Garage" and was so relieved that I did not suffer from this affliction alone.

Risa had discovered iPhoto as a solution to the piles (super easy: snap, save and then toss (the originals)). I have also found those little photobooks from Shutterfly to work well. For more significant masterpieces, I particularly like making a framed poster of the works (and not just any poster, but the best kind of poster: one that someone else lovingly scans, mounts and frames for me). My fave for top-notch, professional, almost-museum quality is Swee'Pea Posters. Liz, the owner, does amazing work.

What do you to preserve your piles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...